The Conservatoire organises and presents public concerts for various special occasions:
- National Day in March: a programme focused essentially on music by Mauritian composers and our musical heritage
- Music Day in June: a full week programme with concerts, demonstrations and exhibitions for primary and secondary schools;
- Christmas and New Year concerts in December: a large selection of music inspired by the festive season;
- One major classical concert per year: programme focussing on one main composer or period;
- First Recital Series: concerts where young performers are invited to give their first recital, and where the public has the opportunity to discover them;
- Sponsored concerts: numerous concerts given by other organisations, thus enabling Conservatoire students and teachers to benefit from a constant flow of overseas and local musicians.
- Guitar Concert: concerts given by the Guitar department (students & teachers) in October each year.