What We do
The Conservatoire National de Musique François-Mitterrand offers formal and non-formal courses.
- Formal training: the Conservatoire offers courses in music theory and in instrumental and vocal practice, in view of preparing students for national and international examinations.
- Music theory: history, harmony and analysis.
- Classical training in instrumental practice in order to prepare students as soloists in the following disciplines: piano, violin, viola, cello, doublebass, recorder, flute, oboe, clarinet, saxophone, horn, trumpet, trombone, guitar, percussions.
- Classical training in vocal technique, in order to prepare students to become soloists or choir singers.
- Jazz/ Pop/ contemporary training in piano, electric guitar, bass guitar, saxophone and drums.
- Formal training on traditional music.
- Non-formal/hobby courses:
- Initiation to music
- Keyboard laboratory
- Guitar accompaniment
- Hobby drums
- Creole Music (Percussion) – Ravan & Djembé